Mr. Donington’s Google Coding Challenge
Attention, any students who are interested in working with computers, or think it might be fun to try it out! Google is offering a FREE introductory course on computer coding through Khan Academy, and Mr. Donington can get you started! This free class is open to anyone, but is especially intended to help students of color and young women gain FREE experience in this high-demand, high-paying field. What’s more, for completing the course, you will receive a $100 DonorsChoose.org gift-card that can be used to buy new computers and technology right here at Burncoat! Even better, if at least 10 underrepresented students complete the course by March 15th, Google will donate an extra $1,000 to Burncoat’s tech needs, and those first 10 students will receive a pizza party on Mr. Donington’s dime! To participate, you don’t need any experience, but do need access to the internet. You take the class on your own time, from wherever you please. Please see Mr. Donington’s signup sheet outside D-8 if interested. See the flyer here!
Due to upcoming inclement weather, the S.A.T. exam scheduled for Saturday, January 24 at Burncoat High School is cancelled. This exam has been re-schedule to Saturday, February 7, 2015.
- Monday - Green and White Day
- Tuesday - Neon Day
- Wednesday - Dress to Impress
- Thursday - International Day
- Friday - Color War
Please join us and support our students
- Dairy Queen Fundraisers coming up on February 17, March 17, and April 9 from 5-8 PM.
- Meat Raffle at The Press Box on Lincoln St on Saturday March 28th @ 4pm
- Feb 28th Drama Club goes to the State Festival
- Jan 20 and 21 and if needed callbacks on the 22nd 2-4:30 pm in the BMS Auditorium
- See Ms. Kewley, Mr. Woloski, and Mr. Twiss
- This test is for English as a Second Language Students Only
- This test is for those students who have yet to pass their initial Biology M.C.A.S. exam. Grades 10, 11, 12 and repeat 9th graders. Also, students new to Massachusetts Public Schools who have never taken the M.C.A.S. and are in grades 10, 11 or 12.
- This test is for those students who have yet to pass their initial ELA M.C.A.S. exam. Grades 11, 12 and repeat 10th graders. Also, students new to Massachusetts Public Schools who have never taken the M.C.A.S. and are in grades 11 or 12.
- This test is for those students who have yet to pass their initial Math M.C.A.S. exam. Grades 11, 12 and repeat 10th graders. Also, students new to Massachusetts Public Schools who have never taken the M.C.A.S. and are in grades 11 or 12.
- This exam is for first time grade 10 students
M.C.A.S. Mathematics Grade 10 is May 12 & 13
- This exam is for first time grade 10 students
- This exam is for first time Biology students, typically all of grade 9.
May 4 thru 29 Open Window for PARCC Exam
The students in the Fall Semester section of Creative Writing with Mrs. O'Connor worked hard perfecting their writing skills. Each week they learned and practiced a new writing technique. At the end of the semester, each student picked one or two of their favorite pieces to make a book entitled, Meanwhile in E2..... It is wonderful! To commemorate the end of the class, their hard work, and the book they made they held a book signing party in room E-2 and invited teachers, administrators, and fellow students to admire their work.
Click here to read their book.
Students may register for the Spring Semester...now! or for next year with their guidance counselor.
Jan. 31, Feb 7, Feb. 28 8 am to 12 noon in room A6. See him in B17 Office.
The BHS Robotics team is headed into a busy 2015 season. Check out the Green Reaper's News Page.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR STUDENTS
Scholarships Available NOW! Check Out the Scholarship Book in the A 9 Guidance office
Greater Worcester Scholarship Foundation due March 9th
will be available in the Guidance office on February 2nd
SAT Dates as Follows:
- January 24, 2015 Test Date - Registration Deadline is Dec. 29
- March 14, 2015 Test Date - Registration Deadline is Feb. 13
- May 2, 2015 Test Date - Registration Deadline is April 6
- June 6, 2015 Test Date - Registration Deadline is May 8
- For More Information AND Practice Tests http://www.collegeboard.org
- February 7 Test Date - Registration Deadline is Jan. 9
- April 18 Test Date - Registration Deadline is March 13
- June 13 Test Date - Registration Deadline is May 8
- For More Information: http://www.act.org
May 4-8 and May 11-15, 2015
|School Hours: 7:20 am - 1:43 pm
Burncoat High School will continue to implement a formal communication system as a means to transfer information on effective practices and needs. All faculty will participate on a regular basis in professional development activities targeted toward the school’s Instructional Focus and the school-wide Best Practices. All students will experience a rigor-based curriculum taught through instructional strategies meant to improve reading comprehension as measured by MAPS, MCAS, PSAT, ACT, ACCESS, and AP scores as well as other formative assessments.