BHS Brownie Bakers!
BHS students in room E 6 and E 8 have been making the most delicious brownies as a fundraising effort to support the needs of their class! Every Friday these students are baking & selling! Everyone loves FLY-BY-BROWNIE-FRIDAY!
The SEMI-FORMAL Dance 2014
will be held on Tuesday, November 25 at 6:30 PM TO 11 PM at the Hogan Center on the Holy Cross Campus. Tickets are $40 pp if student's deposit is in by November 12. See Ms. Moylan or Ms. O'Leary for tickets.
Mrs. Friedman, Advisor to the Foreign Language Honor Society
- The next MEETING is January 7, 2015 at 6PM A Conference Room. No December meeting.
Fall Recital in H-8 on 11/24 at 7PM. Tickets are $3. at the door.
Come join the BHS Music Dept. for our Fall Chamber recital on Monday, November 24 at 7:00 PM.
THE 39 STEPS
will be presented Dec. 4, 5, 6 @ 7pm
See All of Videos from each Group by clicking here .....
Yearbook sales are happening now! $75 pay early discount until Nov. 30th.
See Ms. Binkoski in room D1. Order online here!
IMPORTANT DATES FOR STUDENTS
- Hanover Scholarship Deadline for Seniors is November 30. Click here for the application.
- Early Action College Applications due by November 1 or November 15.
- Seniors applying for financial aid should be completing their CSS Financial Aid Profile . Click here to begin.
- Financial Aid Night - MEFA Night @ 6:30 PM for all seniors and Parents
- Seniors should be working on their Common Application - click here to begin Common App or complete individual college applications if the college does not accept the Common APP
- Teacher Recommendations should be requested well in advance of deadlines (NOW!) and teacher's busy schedules. Remember to write a resume or outline of all your activities courses and give that to the teacher you are asking for a recommendation from. After receiving your recommendation, remember to write a thank you note to those teachers for their time and effort on your behalf.
- 10/27 College Fair @ Assumption College grades 9-12 AP and AVID Student
- Bryant 10/21 @ 9am
- Plymouth State 10/22 @ 10am
- UHart 10/23 @ 12pm
- Anna Maria 10/24 @ 10 am
- QCC 10/24 @ 1 pm
- Fitchburg State 10/29 @ 9 am
- 11/13 Westfield State fieldtrip – 30 student campus tour (seniors, bring application and fee waived)
SAT Dates as Follows:
- Oct 11 Test - Scores Out & Ready on October 28
- November 8 Test Date - Registration Deadline for this is Oct. 9
- December 6 Test Date - Registration Deadline for this is Nov. 6
- January 24, 2015 Test Date - Registration Deadline is Dec. 29
- March 14, 2015 Test Date - Registration Deadline is Feb. 13
- May 2, 2015 Test Date - Registration Deadline is April 6
- June 6, 2015 Test Date - Registration Deadline is May 8
- For More Information AND Practice Tests http://www.collegeboard.org
- December 13 Test Date - Registration Deadline is Nov. 7
- February 7 Test Date - Registration Deadline is Jan. 9
- April 18 Test Date - Registration Deadline is March 13
- June 13 Test Date - Registration Deadline is May 8
- For More Information: http://www.act.org
May 4-8 and May 11-15, 2015
|School Hours: 7:20 am - 1:43 pm
Burncoat High School will continue to implement a formal communication system as a means to transfer information on effective practices and needs. All faculty will participate on a regular basis in professional development activities targeted toward the school’s Instructional Focus and the school-wide Best Practices. All students will experience a rigor-based curriculum taught through instructional strategies meant to improve reading comprehension as measured by MAPS, MCAS, PSAT, ACT, ACCESS, and AP scores as well as other formative assessments.