Marching Bands, Musical: second place, South High Community School Marching Band
Color Guards/Drill Teams: first place, North High School JROTC; second place, South High Community School JROTC; third place, Burncoat High School JROTC
Burncoat High School has won a place on the TOP
- Click here for how the list was formulated
- Click here for a complete list of the TOP Most Challenging Schools
Congratulations to our Burncoat High School Class of 2015 John & Abigail Adams Scholarship Recipients.
These students scored at the Advanced and Proficient levels on grade 10 MCAS tests in English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics and have a combined score from both tests that place them in the top 25 percent of students in the graduating class in their District! Click here for complete list of students.
Class elections will take place on Friday, Oct. 24
during periods 2 & 3. Freshman and Sophomores will elect during period 2; Juniors and Seniors will elect during period 3. Students will be called to the cafeterias at the start of each period. Winners will be announced at the end of the day. Best of luck to our candidates.
Nov. 15 AT 6:30 in the A Conferenece
5-8pm & again on 11/13 5-8pm!
Come and Join Us!
Help Support our Students!
Yearbook sales are happening now! $75 pay early discount until Nov. 30th.
See Ms. Binkoski in room D1.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR STUDENTS
- Hanover Scholarship Deadline for Seniors is November 30. Click here for the application.
- Early Action College Applications due by November 1 or November 15.
- Seniors applying for financial aid should be completing their CSS Financial Aid Profile . Click here to begin.
- Financial Aid Night - MEFA Night @ 6:30 PM for all seniors and Parents
- Seniors should be working on their Common Application - click here to begin Common App or complete individual college applications if the college does not accept the Common APP
- Teacher Recommendations should be requested well in advance of deadlines (NOW!) and teacher's busy schedules. Remember to write a resume or outline of all your activities courses and give that to the teacher you are asking for a recommendation from. After receiving your recommendation, remember to write a thank you note to those teachers for their time and effort on your behalf.
- 10/27 College Fair @ Assumption College grades 9-12 AP and AVID Student
- Bryant 10/21 @ 9am
- Plymouth State 10/22 @ 10am
- UHart 10/23 @ 12pm
- Anna Maria 10/24 @ 10 am
- QCC 10/24 @ 1 pm
- Fitchburg State 10/29 @ 9 am
- 11/13 Westfield State fieldtrip – 30 student campus tour (seniors, bring application and fee waived)
SAT Dates as Follows:
- Oct 11 Test - Scores Out & Ready on October 28
- November 8 Test Date - Registration Deadline for this is Oct. 9
- December 6 Test Date - Registration Deadline for this is Nov. 6
- January 24, 2015 Test Date - Registration Deadline is Dec. 29
- March 14, 2015 Test Date - Registration Deadline is Feb. 13
- May 2, 2015 Test Date - Registration Deadline is April 6
- June 6, 2015 Test Date - Registration Deadline is May 8
- For More Information AND Practice Tests http://www.collegeboard.org
- December 13 Test Date - Registration Deadline is Nov. 7
- February 7 Test Date - Registration Deadline is Jan. 9
- April 18 Test Date - Registration Deadline is March 13
- June 13 Test Date - Registration Deadline is May 8
- For More Information: http://www.act.org
May 4-8 and May 11-15, 2015
|School Hours: 7:20 am - 1:43 pm
Burncoat High School will continue to implement a formal communication system as a means to transfer information on effective practices and needs. All faculty will participate on a regular basis in professional development activities targeted toward the school’s Instructional Focus and the school-wide Best Practices. All students will experience a rigor-based curriculum taught through instructional strategies meant to improve reading comprehension as measured by MAPS, MCAS, PSAT, ACT, ACCESS, and AP scores as well as other formative assessments.