Last day for Seniors was today, May 22. To congratulate our students, BHS hosted a wonderful full course breakfast. Our students enjoyed their last day today as a class, signing yearbooks and saying good-bye. It was a tearful morning. Here is a wonderful photo montage of the class of 2015 as prepared by Michelle Le.
We will keep you updated on their results. Best of Luck TEAM!!!
- M.C.A.S. Biology for Grade 9 is June 8 & 9
- This exam is for first time Biology students, typically all of grade 9.
Graduation Rehearsal is May 22!
Last Full Day of School for Seniors!
Also MANDATORY REHEARSAL on June 2 at 9:30 AM at the DCU
Graduation Night is June 2, 6:00PM at DCU Center
The BHS Junior/Senior Prom will be Friday, May 29 @ Mechanics Hall
6 PM. Price per student is $50.00. Deposits were due on 4/17. The remaining balance will be collected on May 18, 19, and 20.
ceremony is May 26 at Hanover insurance.
See Mrs. Dowd in the A Office if you have any
The BHS Quadrivium shared the stage with the Salisbury Singers at The Chapel of the Holy Spirit at Assumption College on May 9th.
* Wednesday, May 27, 2015, 9:00AM, Band, Strings and Orchestra perform at the Greendale YMCA for the Greendale Retired Men’s Club.
* Tuesday, June 2, 2015, Graduation at the DCU, 6PM, Orchestra and Quadrivium (finish around 8PM)
* Friday, June 5, 2015, Trills and Thrills Music Festival, all day, East Longmeadow and Agawam, returning early evening.
* Tuesday, June 16, 2015, Solo and Chamber Music Recital, 7PM at Brooks Music Center at Holy Cross, free admission
Junior/Senior Project Recitals
4/30, pd. 7,Corey Daley
5/6, pd. 2, Mary Whitney
5/7, pd. 6, Molly Roach and Elisander Rivera-Sanchez
5/8, pd. 7, Devin Dupuis
5/15, pd. 2, Julia Giard
5/15, Pd. 6, Zaidimary Barreto
5/18, Pd. 7, Allison Terry
5/20, Pd. 7, Catherine Huynh
5/21, Pd. 2, Sean Bouffard
6/12, Pd. 7, Maddie Hayman
Wednesday, May 27,2015 at Hanover Insurance
100 North Parkway
6:00- Ice-cream Bar & 7:00- Ceremony starts
Tickets are $3 for athletes & $5 for parents/guests
Tickets on Sale Thursday & Friday May 21st & 22nd
also on Tuesday & Wednseday May 26th & 27th during lunches.
Tickets are $3 for students and $5 for guests.
No tickets will be sold at the door!
Guest Speaker "Kristin Karat"
Women's Basketball Coach @ Nichol's
Please join us as we Honor our Hard Working Athletes!
We have 2 classes who are asking for assistance in purchasing needed items for their classrooms. Please look at their pages below and help in any way you can! Thank you!
- Mrs. Wrenn & Mrs. Muschetta Smith in room E6 have created a donors page. Their students need materials for hands-on activities. LEGOs and erector sets will help with creativity, language, and academic learning. Headphones are for reading groups. Click here to learn more about their project & donate!
- Mr. Donington in the E.S.L. Dept has also created a donors choose page. He is looking to purchase chromebook laptops for all of his students so each student can work on a computer at the same time during class. Chromebooks for College & Career Readiness. Click here to learn more about his goals & to donate.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR STUDENTS
Scheduling for Next Year has begun! Check in with your guidance counselor to create the perfect academic schedule for your future!
|School Hours: 7:20 am - 1:43 pm
Burncoat High School will continue to implement a formal communication system as a means to transfer information on effective practices and needs. All faculty will participate on a regular basis in professional development activities targeted toward the school’s Instructional Focus and the school-wide Best Practices. All students will experience a rigor-based curriculum taught through instructional strategies meant to improve reading comprehension as measured by MAPS, MCAS, PSAT, ACT, ACCESS, and AP scores as well as other formative assessments.